witticisms by Jess Witty

May 15, 2013

May Release In Review!

 

Well, folks... the 15th of every moth brings a big ol' humdinger of a Papertrey Ink post :)
 
All of PTI's newest products will be released tonight {pick 'em up at Papertrey Ink} and the design team is offering up the last of our May projects.
 
 
Let's get the ball rolling with Tiny Triangles, shall we?
This was the first card I made this month so I thought I'd give it the lead here, too ;)
 


Those triangles... I just knew I could get a little quick and easy card done with them right out of the gate. A warm color scheme plus just a bit of Soft Stone in a little quirky layout and I was done. 

The split layer really makes this one for me... I was inspired by the straight sentiment from Pedal Pusher and wanted to add just a bit of emphasis to it.  Splitting the white layer over the Soft Stone layer and pointing all of the triangles toward the sentiment work to draw the eye right to the sentiment.

Tiny Triangles fits the bill for a set you can use over and over again in countless different ways.
Love :)


Next up... Boutique Borders: Baby...


I just love a unique baby card!

This one has stolen my heart just a bit... Brian and I papered Eli's nursery walls with maps {stole the idea straight out of Pottery Barn}. Old maps from the beadboard all the way up to the crown molding... I so loved it.  This Boutique Borders: Baby sentiment just seemed perfect for a little map card so I had a bit of a sentimental moment making this one :)

The map image is from the previously released Destination set.  I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black and then did some simple watercoloring over it. 

Really, the key with the watercoloring is adding different intensities of colors. I used a lighter blue and green over all of the water and land areas, then went in with darker blues and greens around the edges.  It just adds some depth and makes the colors pop a bit.



The previously released Bountiful Banners image was a perfect fit for the first part of the sentiment... I stamped the banner with Spring Rain, stamping it off once on scrap paper to get a super light blue for the banner, keeping the focus on the sentiment and map images.


And now... a little Red, White & Blue for you...



I thought this one was a fun little take on a patriotic card!  Adding the shot of Summer Sun in the firecracker gave it just a bit of a twist. 



The upper panel could easily pass as a birthday card... love those firecrackers paired with the fun sentiment!  Some simple masking allowed me to split the image into 3 different colors.  I added a few rhinestones for an extra sparkle.

I lined up three of the other Red, White and Blue sentiments along the side panel for a fun background kind of look... super easy because of the stacked design of the sentiments, but I love all the detail it adds...




And for another card with a color twist, here's Wonderful Words: Baby...


Hmmm... yes, I couldn't help it... had to repeat the Smokey Shadow card base from the Pedal Pusher post.  It just makes colors look so bright and fun!

This one is very simple and a bit removed from the more traditional baby color palettes... perfect for a mom who might appreciate something a bit more modern.


I stole the little bow from Polka Dot Parade #5... it's a perfect fit on the Wonderful Words die cut. 

A Double Ended Banner die cut is just right for the longer sentiment.  That sentiment is definitely a new favorite for baby cards!  I was going to add it to the inside of the card but it seemed like just the right way to ground the upper sentiments so I went with it. 


I went for a bit more traditional baby look with some other Polka Dot Parade #5 images.


That little carriage seemed to call for something sweet :)

I continued my current little love of Sweet Blush and paired it with some gold embossing for an elegant look.  Love that the carriage wheels and handle are separate from the main image... the gold wheels... be still my heart :)

I snuggled the carriage right next to some Thanks All Ways (previously released) sentiments.

 
 
And there we have it... May's release... all wrapped up with a bow :)

 
But not so fast... there's still *lots* of sweetness to be seen with the rest of the team!
Nichole Heady
Betsy Veldman

Any favorites??
I'd love to hear what you think!


{You Can Do It} card
Supplies not available now but available 5/15: 
Stamps - Tiny Triangles
Supplies available now:
CS - White, Soft Stone
Ink - Soft Stone, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise, Berry Sorbet, True Black

{Welcome to the World} card
Supplies not available now but available 5/15: 
Stamps - Boutique Borders: Baby
Supplies available now:
Stamps - Bountiful Banners
CS - White
Ink - Spring Rain, True Black; Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
PP - Pink Paisley
Die - Bountiful Banners
Other - watercolors, waterbrush

{Oh Snap} card
Supplies not available now but available 5/15: 
Stamps - Red, White & Blue
Supplies available now:
CS - White
Ink - Pure Poppy, Spring Rain, Summer Sun, True Black
Other - rhinestones

{Sweet Baby} card
Supplies not available now but available 5/15: 
Stamps - Wonderful Words: Baby
Die - Wonderful Words: Baby, Polka Dot Parade #5
Supplies available now:
CS - Smokey Shadow, Aqua Mist, New Leaf, Hibiscus Burst
Ink - Hibiscus Burst, VersaMark
Die - Double Ended Banner Die
 
{Thanks} card
Supplies not available now but available 5/15: 
Stamps - Polka Dot Parade #5
Die - Polka Dot Parade #5
Supplies available now:
CS - White
PP - Farmhouse Collection (Crate Paper)
Ink - Sweet Blush, VersaMark
Other - Filigree Gold Embossing Powder, Sweet Blush ribbon

11 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous cards, one and all, Jess! It's always a treat to visit your blog!

Lindsey said...

I've never been good at choosing favorites (particularly when I really like all of my options), but I just love your "welcome to the world card". It's stuck in my head...in a good way.

Marilyn M said...

Love the color combo on your Sweet Baby card. Thanks for the inspiration.

TLady said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUPER WORK!!!!!!!!!!! :) LOOOOOOOVE them ALLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!! :)

Holly Saveur said...

Stunning sweet and gorgeous cards!

Tere Azua said...

I love clean and beautiful these cards are.

Sharon said...

Fun cards - especially the triangle one!

Anonymous said...

your cards (and writing) are my favorites! You always seem to put a little twist in a simple design that I can try to replicate. The baby carriage is probably my favorite, but it is a difficult choice!

Grace said...

The simplity of the cards are amazing. They are beautiful .

Kari D said...

I always adore your designs! They have such unique details. Looking at them always seems to help me improve how I lay my cards out, helps me to think outside the box. LOVE the way you split the front on the triangle card and gold embossed the wheels/handles of the buggy to match the thank you sentiment. Just perfect.

Jill Norwood said...

Love each and every card! Such perfect details! Love the gold and blush combo!